Two weeks have passed with no update! I feel like I've abandoned the blog! :-( Time to catch everything up!!
So, last weekend, after teaching rather more than I expected, but also observing some nice primary classes, I flew to Reno to visit my family and had an absolutely WONDERFUL time. I spent time with my mom, with Laramie, and with Mike. I saw the fall colors and smelled the fall smells, and enjoyed the dryness of Reno immensely. It was wondrous to be home. Mom and I got facials, and I went for a ride on my new scooter with Mom and Mike. Lar, Mom and I went for a nice walk along the Carson river and took beautiful fall pictures. Mom started to teach me how to sew without breaking the sewing machine. Lovely, lovely. It was unseasonably warm and sunny, even, which made it even nicer since it hasn't been that pleasant in Costa Rica lately.

Then I came back to Costa Rica, where it has been rainy, windy, and very cold. I taught less of the class, but still more than I expected to, so now I only have five hours left to do. I am still in the process of finishing my big reading project. I have a lot to grade, and I have to meet individually with each student. I'm going to try to do that this coming week. Last week, I watched some presentations. I observed a seventh grade English class, also. I hope I get to observe more classes in the middle school before I finish. Since I don't have much teaching left to do, I should be able to, but it will depend on scheduling as well as how quickly I get the reading project graded.
I am planning a trip to Tortuguero, a small town and National Park on the Carribean coast, for the Thanksgiving break. I found a tour company that isn't too expensive, we'll see if they will take me on this short of notice.
I've been exercising a bit more than before, since I noticed while I was in Reno that I have gained a few (like 5? 7?) pounds while I've been here, and I'd really rather stay slim than not. Also, it's a good way to warm up since it's so cold!!
Last night, I went out with some friends - other student teachers, teachers, and a couple people that they know - and they tell me I was properly drunk toward the end. I did have rather more to drink than I ever have before, but it just wasn't that fun a thing to do.

I had a fun time being with people, and playing the silly games we played, but the drinking/being drunk mostly made me feel tired. It didn't help that we stayed out until 1:30, and I had gotten up at 5:30 that morning.

Fortunately, I didn't get a hangover (as I feared I might), I just slept a lot and was tired and lazy all day. I think I would rather just hang out with people and play silly games without the alcohol making me tired... I would do better with caffeine, maybe, or just a little bit to drink to induce the relaxed state, without having so much I felt like I was going to collapse from exhaustion. Well, tomorrow we're planning to find some people and play Once Upon A Time - hopefully that works out!
No comments:
Post a Comment