Thursday, November 6, 2008

Last Day of Full-Time Teaching

It's done. I taught my last day of full-time teaching today, and it's over and I'm done and I'm very happy about that. Tomorrow, the Director is taking all of the student teachers to visit the local schools so we can see what "regular" education is like in Costa Rica (no English!), and then we get to go home at lunchtime. I'm going to see if the others want to go to the fancy movie theatre.

Next week, I will still be teaching reading, writing, read aloud, and science, as well as helping in technology, library and book buddies and teaching one language arts center on Fridays. I go home to Reno on Thursday (:-D) and get back to school the next Wednesday. After I return from Reno, I'll drop reading and science, and keep the others.

I emailed all the teachers in the school to ask if I could come observe, and I've already got one observation scheduled for Monday morning while my kids are in Spanish. A lot of teachers responded right away with, "Yes, come anytime!" and I'm going to ask at least one teacher from each grade level (if I didn't get one of each).

:-)

No comments: