Monday, October 20, 2008

Triconference

I had a nice short week last week - just two days with the kids. The remainder of the week wasn't exactly a vacation, though. I still had to get up at 5:20, because I had to go to the Triconference. The triconference was a big education conference of many (if not all) of the American-style international schools in Latin America, gathering together to talk about International education and leadership. It was actually pretty interesting and educational. I would rather not have gotten up so early, but that wasn't so bad. I took some good ideas with me, and some free atlases :-). The break from actually teaching was also nice, and I'm feeling a bit fresher this morning than I have for a while, so hopefully I'll be more able to make it through the next three weeks sane. Unfortunately, I'm also sick this morning, and the kids will just be getting back from a real vacation, so they may be even crazier than usual... but we'll see how that goes. I'm getting formally evaluated by ASU this week, but I'm actually looking forward to it, since my supervisor has been really supporting me through these difficult times lately. She's using me for a research project of her own on "student teachers whose experience conflicts with their university experience" so that should be interesting as well.

All right, time to go to school and see how this works after all...

No comments: